At the end of this module you will learn to:
- Describe human rights as put forth by the United Nations, by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and by the Accessible Canada Act.
- Explain your rights in regard to:
- Equal treatment and access in post-secondary education.
- Accommodations and resources.
- Protection of privacy.
- Explain your responsibilities in regard to:
- Providing necessary documentation.
- Communicating with the appropriate personnel to request accommodations or changes to accommodations.
- Knowing your institution’s rules and regulations.
Everyone is entitled to equity, dignity, and respect. As a Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or DeafBlind student, you have a right to equal treatment and access in post-secondary education without discrimination due to your hearing or vision status. Along with your rights, you also have certain responsibilities; actions you must take to ensure that you get the access you need.